slider_01 (1).jpg


Most colleges and universities require international students to obtain a minimum level of medical insurance to cover the student’s academic enrollment period. Some schools provide coverage options for students. Other schools do not require students to purchase school-sponsored insurance, but comparable coverage must be purchased that meets or exceeds the school’s coverage requirements.

It is important to verify your visa requirements before purchasing coverage. Even though international students holding F-1 visas are not required by the U.S. government to meet certain health insurance requirements, schools may require international students to purchase certain coverage.

UMED knows and understands what international students need when traveling to the United States. It is our highest priority to provide schools and inbound international students with comprehensive and well-serviced student medical insurance options through our partnership with United HealthCare Student Resources.

For more information, please visit our website at